- A well-equipped seminar library which houses about 500 books are open to students for lending.
- An e-book collection of about 2000 titles is available, from where students can share and read on their own devices.
- The Physics Laboratory in the ground floor boasts of a recently overhauled and renovated, fully equipped Wi-Fi & ICT enabled Laboratory with modern equipment and apparatus, catering to both Honours & General Course students.
- Updated Laboratory Manuals and individual electronic kits to each group of students are provided.
- Computer programming being an inherent part of the syllabus, the departmental Laboratory houses a number of desktop/laptop computers connected via LAN to a common server.
- Apart from classroom teaching and practical sessions, activities like students' seminar, wall magazine publication, departmental exhibition, Physics videos & Sci-Fi film shows, visit to research laboratories, attending lectures of renowned Physicists etc. are mandatory for Physics students under the arena of Physics Club activities.
- "Chat with a Scholar"....Informal interaction of students with research scholars working in various fields of Physics, has been initiated. Videos of the Chat are uploaded in YouTube channel of the College.
- "Problem of the Week"....a tricky and interesting problem is displayed on a board for an entire week for students, to ponder upon.
- Magazines like Physics for You, Spectrum, Resonance etc. are available for students.
- Departmental faculty are frequently met by the guardians of students to be updated about academic progress of their candidates, after assessment tests.
- Regular meetings are held in the Department to monitor the overall academic situation.
- Remedial classes, Tutorial sessions and preparatory tests are held for students in order to help them score more marks in the University examination.
- Mock Viva/Interview sessions are arranged for students before Practical Examinations and also for those who are due to appear in Integrated Ph.D interviews.
- Students of the Department are encouraged to enroll in the online Physics courses under NPTEL-Bangabasi College Local Chapter & take the proctored certification examination under IIT-M.
- Short term Pre-Masters Enhancement Courses are being initiated for honours students awaiting their final University Result.
- The constant motivation, modern teaching methods coupled with regular assessment of students have helped to improve not only the overall performance score of the students but also embed in them a strong foundation of the basic concepts. This is what empowers them to pursue higher studies directly or indirectly related to Physics.
- The department has a very active connectivity with Facebook and WhatsApp so that students can contact faculty members or alumni whenever they feel necessary.
- There exists a very healthy teacher-student relationship so that the students consider the Department to be an extended family or their second home.