- Apart from the conventional lecture method, the department encourages the learning of students through presentation of short seminar papers, group discussions in presence of teachers, question answer sessions etc.
- The teachers keep an eye on each student’s weakness and strength in respect of the preparation of University examination. Remedial classes are held if required.
- The students also keep constant touch with the department after graduation, even after post-graduation for personal and academic counselling.
- The Department runs a seminar Library for its (B.A. Hons.) students.
- Departmental seminars and debates, attending lectures of various resource persons etc. helps the students to develop a perspective which they would not have attained otherwise.