- Teaching of Chemistry is undoubtedly incomplete without practical classes, and the Chemistry department is proud to maintain well equipped laboratories. To address the needs of each specialization, the first floor of the College houses one laboratory for Physical Chemistry and labs for Inorganic and Organic Chemistry is located on the ground floor itself. Separate laboratories are housed in the ground floor for students of other streams who take up chemistry as a subsidiary subject.
- Other infrastructural facilities like Computers with Internet connectivity, a dedicated store room, teaching with the aid of projectors to provide audio-visual inputs, etc. have long been in practice with the Chemistry Department of this College.
- The Department runs a seminar Library for its Hons. (B.Sc.) students. There are about 300 books in this library.
- Remedial Classes are held for students so that they can score well in University Examinations.
- Students & Faculty take part in seminars, debates, exhibitions and other co-curricular activities.
- Traditionally the department has had scholarly faculty members who have experiences of being associated with advance research projects. Those include some organometallic molecules having anticancer and antitumor activities and Oxo vanadium complexes with EPR sensitivity.In addition to that, some work on removal of Arsenic from edible water in an efficient and economical manner are also going on.