- Every year about 30-35 students get the opportunity for studying three-year Anthroplogy Honours degree course and more than 75 students get admission for general course with Anthropology as one of their subsidiary subjects.
- The overall performance of the students in academics as well as extra-curricular activities is excellent.
- At present the department has a common laboratory for both Honours and general students.
- Besides the tight schedule of holding theoretical and practical classes, the department performs several activities like publication of wall magazine reflecting the current trends in Anthroplogy as well as the thinking of the students, taking part in Students' Fair, arranging Departmental seminars,
- Regular interaction with the ex-students of the Department who have made a mark in Anthropology Research in National as well as in International arena.
- Regular assessment of students is done through class tests, evaluation and parent teacher meetings.
- The department organizes seminar lectures delivered by eminent anthropologists.,
- Following University curriculum, the department arranges field work for the students of Honours and General streams every year.